Hoe om te gaan met melk kefir granen?
How to maintain Milk Kefir Grains?
Dairy kefir is a cultured milk beverage known for its numerous probiotic benefits. It’s a fermented milk product that’s high in beneficial yeast and bacteria. After purchasing kefir grains, many people make kefir at home. Kefir grains are typically tiny chunks of bacteria and yeast mixed with sugars, fats, and caseins, which are milk proteins. Kefir grains can be kept for an indefinite period if adequately cared for. If the kefir grains are properly stored, a new batch of kefir can be made every day. To do so, you must observe some dos and don’ts when handling kefir grains.
- It would help if you never mixed Kefir korrels with tap water. This is because the chemicals present in tap water, such as fluorine and chlorine, can cause potential damage to the kefir grains. Therefore, you must use filtered or mineral water that is devoid of these chemicals.
- U moet niet oververhitting of kook de Kefir korrels als te veel warmte kan het doden van de nuttige bacteriën aanwezig in kefir.
- You must use glass, plastic, or wooden utensils while preparing kefir. The best choice is glass utensils as they are easy to sterilize. However, it would help if you did not use metal utensils tegen elke prijs. Dit is omdat de kefir reageert met metalen. Dus, metaal kan besmetten de kefir die u voorbereidt.
- It would be beneficial if you did not freeze the kefir grains. The fermentation process is slowed or stopped by freezing. Many kefir grains cannot be revived after they have been frozen. They immediately go to a deep-sleep-freeze-phase on freezing. The method of restoring bevroren kefir korrels is complicated. A better option is to dry the kefir grains.
- It would be best if you stored the Kefir korrels in een schone pot. The jar containing kefir grains must always be covered with a cloth so that you can prevent the grains from contamination.
- De kefir korrels moeten niet worden uitgehongerd. U moet wijzigen van de melk na 48 uur. Wanneer de kefir korrels zijn gevoed met verse melk, blijven ze leven en actief.
- Hoewel er geen vaste kefir korrels melk/ratio, is de algemene regel om te gebruiken 1 part kefir grains and ten parts milk by volume. Milk is the food for bacteria and yeasts.
Where Can I Get Kefir Grains in Belgium or Holland?
You’ll need kefir grains if you want to make your kefir from scratch. While purchasing kefir grains is more expensive than buying a bottle of kefir, to begin with, you will end up with an almost limitless supply of kefir. You may be wondering how it is possible to post kefir grains online without them spoiling. Kefir grains can be dried, allowing them to be easily stored and delivered.
Best places in Belgium to buy kefir grains:
- Live Milk Kefir Grains available online at Kefirshop.eu
- Amazon.nl, because of the vast selection, generally low prices, and convenient delivery options, Amazon is the first place most of us look when shopping online. On Amazon, you can purchase kefir grains from a variety of brands.