Hoe te dehydrateren kefir korrels?
People dehydrate kefir grains to keep a backup if anything happens to the original set of grains. The dehydrated grains can survive for one year. Moreover, dry kefir grains are much easier to transport than fresh kefir grains. There will be no concern regarding the liquid leaking out of the package if you transport gedehydrateerde kefir korrels someplace. When kefir grains are dehydrated, they become dormant. Hence you don’t have to worry about the packaging of the kefir grains.
De procedure voor het uitdrogen van kefirkorrels :
- First, rinse the kefir grains properly with water. It would be better to use mineral or purified water instead of tap water because the chlorine content in tap water is high. This is done to eliminate sediments that may have accumulated from fermentation.
- Now, lay the dried kefir grains on a paper towel to drain the excess water.
- Nadat het keukenpapier het overtollige water heeft geweekt, legt u de kefirkorrels zorgvuldig op een schone glazen schaal, waspapier of perkamentpapier.
- Next, cover the dish with a paper towel. If you do not cover it, the grains may get contaminated by flies and insects. Allow the kefir grains to dry slowly at room temperature. You will see that they have turned yellow and hard after some days. Alternatively, you can use a food dehydrator to dry the kefir grains. You should set the dehydrator at the lowest temperature. However, this process is not recommended much because the Kefir korrels are sensitive to heat.
- The kefir grains take 3-5 days to get dried. This is primarily in the case of large kefir grains. If the grains are small, they will be dried within two days.
- Nadat de kefir korrels zijn goed gedroogd, kunt u ze opslaan in een vriezer of koelkast.
Live Kefir granen te koop in België & Nederland
KefirWinkel.eu is the largest organic certified live cultures supplier in Belgium, including kombucha SCOBY’s, yogurt starters, and many other cultures. We have an excellent reputation for providing high-quality live cultures with FREE delivery throughout Belgium and Holland. We are passionate about our products and are pleased to provide you with a product that is superior to any other available. Make sure to read our store’s customer reviews! Why go shopping elsewhere? Purchase directly from Belgium’s best and most respected supplier of certified organic live cultures, with a history of providing only the highest quality live cultures. When you purchase one of our live cultures, you will receive a step-by-step guide; follow the instructions, and you will be up and running in no time.