How to dehydrate kefir grains?
Dehydrating kefir grains
The procedure of dehydrating kefir grains :
- First, rinse the kefir grains properly with water. It would be better to use mineral or purified water instead of tap water because the chlorine content in tap water is high. This is done to eliminate sediments that may have accumulated from fermentation.
- Now, lay the dried kefir grains on a paper towel to drain the excess water.
- After the paper towel has soaked the excess water, lay the kefir grains carefully on a clean glass dish, wax paper, or parchment paper.
- Next, cover the dish with a paper towel. If you do not cover it, the grains may get contaminated by flies and insects. Allow the kefir grains to dry slowly at room temperature. You will see that they have turned yellow and hard after some days. Alternatively, you can use a food dehydrator to dry the kefir grains. You should set the dehydrator at the lowest temperature. However, this process is not recommended much because the kefir grains are sensitive to heat.
- The kefir grains take 3-5 days to get dried. This is primarily in the case of large kefir grains. If the grains are small, they will be dried within two days.
- After the kefir grains are properly dried, you can store them in a freezer or refrigerator.
Live Kefir grains for sale in Belgium & Holland
KefirShop.eu is the largest organic certified live cultures supplier in Belgium, including kombucha SCOBY’s, yogurt starters, and many other cultures. We have an excellent reputation for providing high-quality live cultures with FREE delivery throughout Belgium and Holland. We are passionate about our products and are pleased to provide you with a product that is superior to any other available. Make sure to read our store’s customer reviews! Why go shopping elsewhere? Purchase directly from Belgium’s best and most respected supplier of certified organic live cultures, with a history of providing only the highest quality live cultures. When you purchase one of our live cultures, you will receive a step-by-step guide; follow the instructions, and you will be up and running in no time.