How to make yogurt with a yogurt maker?
It is easy and beneficial to make yogurt with the help of a yogurt maker. An electric yogurt maker can help you to make delicious yogurt within two hours. The process of making yogurt in a yogurt maker is quite simple. Here are the steps by which you can make yogurt with the help of the yogurt maker:
- At first, you need to determine the amount of milk that you would need to make the yogurt: You must read the instructions of the machine carefully to determine the amount of milk that you would need to make the yogurt. You can use whole milk or skimmed milk. Heat the milk at around 200 F / 100°C till it shows signs of frothing.
- Allow the milk to cool down: You should use a thermometer to check the temperature of the milk. You must allow the milk to cool down till it reaches the temperature of 105 F / 40°C. This milk is called tempered milk.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of yogurt culture with the tempered milk in a blender for 10 seconds: This is one of the most important steps to make yogurt. Allow the yogurt culture to mix well with the tempered milk in a blender. This will allow the lactic acid bacteria to get evenly distributed in the milk, which will cause fermentation of the milk.
- Pour the starter culture in the remaining tempered milk: After pouring the starter culture in the remaining tempered milk, stir constantly for about five minutes.
- Transfer the milk into containers carefully: After the tempered milk is thoroughly mixed with the yogurt culture, carefully transfer the milk into a clean container. Now put the container filled with milk in the yogurtmaker. (We recommend : Rommelsbacher JG 40 Yogurt Maker)
- Read the instructions: On buying a yogurt maker, you will get an instruction booklet. You must read the instructions properly after transferring the milk containers inside the yogurt maker.
- Jiggle one of the milk containers after about 8 hours: After about eight hours, jiggle one of the milk containers to find if the yogurt is ready. You will understand if the yogurt is firm by jiggling the container.
- Put the container in the refrigerator: When you are sure that the yogurt is ready, take out the container from the yogurt maker and place it in the refrigerator. Allow the yogurt to cool down. You can add additional flavors to the yogurt at this stage.
- Save a part for the next batch: You can save a small amount of the yogurt for the next batch.
If you follow these 9 simple steps, you would be able to make yogurt with the yogurt maker at home.